New Trending 2020 Technology for Cardiology
As per the recent study, the cardiovascular disease technology market will exceed by 40 billion dollars by 2030. Also, the world health organization has stated that CVD is responsible for 17 million deaths every year. That means cardiovascular disease is the most prominent cause of death in the world.
Who is a cardiovascular technologist?
A cardiovascular technologist is a health professional who finds and studies heart-related problems. They use tools such as ultrasounds to diagnose heart conditions, vascular diseases, which involve the heart, heart arteries, valves, and blood vessels. New advanced technologies for cardiology help in reducing the post-processing time.
Some of the technologies are:-
- TAVR – Transcatheter Mitral and Tricuspid Valve Interventions– TAVR is a technology used for heart surgeries. It controls the surgical risk involved in the operation. The procedure is open for all the patients who have gone through open-heart surgery previously.
- Wearable Technologies helps Patient Monitoring – Wearable devices such as fit bit and Apple watch are used by many people. Also, doctors and nurses use devices such as glucose monitors, wireless scales, and blood pressure monitors to better monitor patient’s health.
- Augmented and Virtual reality in Cardiology – For cardiac treatment, augmented reality and virtual reality technology are used. Virtual technology involves VR headsets that offer a 360-degree view by which they perform imaging.
- Artificial Intelligence in Cardiology – AI has given an immense contribution to the development of cardiac technology. For example arteries, AI-based cardiac arrest MRI analysis software automates the frequency needed to speed exam post-processing. AI automatically detects arrhythmias and sends alerts to patients utilizing wearable or Smartphone-based apps.
- Structured Reporting and Big Data – Both the technologies EMR and Digital Reporting system helps in determining the actual cost of the surgeries performed at the These technologies help in finding the diseases at an early level, which aid in saving many lives.
- Holographic Procedural Navigation – HPN helps in converting 3D images into live holograms using a special screen, where glasses are not required.
- Robots in Cardiology – Robot technology aims to place the guide wires, balloons, and stents for catheter-based coronary interventions. It saves time and reduces patient exposure to contrast agents.
- Virtual and FFR Technologies – FFR technology is less expensive and easy to use. It offers image-based virtual assessments, angiography based, and computed tomography-based FFR.
We should understand that the heart is a crucial part of the body, that pumps the blood around your body, delivers oxygen, and nutrients to your cells. For keeping the heart healthy, cardiology technologist serves as cardiovascular assistants, who help in the treatment of heart and blood vessel issues.